Oroville CrossFit

Oroville CrossFit
Home Box - Oroville CrossFit

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28th - CrossFit Amplify, Lisle IL

Business brought me back to Naperville, IL.  I was here in December during a cold snap. (-30 degrees F) Call me a wuss, but I decided to skip a visit/WOD at that time.  This trip however, I visited CrossFit Amplify in Lisle, IL.  (www.crossfitamplify.com)  It was a great workout with a fun group of folks.  Mike Viall is one of the owners and coached the WOD of the day.

After the warm up, we started with squats: sets were 5, 3, 3, 2, 2.   (185, 205, 225, 245, 265)

The WOD was fun; it incorporated multiple CrossFit movements, but in a unique way
     - Started with 200 meters of Med ball burpee, clean, and toss.  (Using a 20 lb wall ball, do a
        burpee on the ball, then squat- clean and toss the ball)   
     - Following the 200 meters, run 1 mile.
Time was 15:49.  My down fall was responding to the request for a volunteer to use a 40lb slam ball. (dang thing wouldn’t roll!)

Thanks to Mike and his associates!  Make sure to stop by if you get to the Chicago suburbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment